|<< Home |Last Updated: 28-MAY-2015| Free Consultation <<Remedy Home|
Home Remedy for Burns
|Home remedies for burn should only be tried only in case of first-degree burn. Second and third degree burn need urgent medical assistance. Some of the instantaneous and long-standing treatments for Burn by home remedies are given below:
- Cool the burn by keeping the burnt part under cold water or immediately apply ice on the affected area. Continuously do this for at least 10 minutes. One should also drink at least 6-8 glass of little chilled water daily until the time the burn is recovered.
- Fruits are rich in antioxidants; so fruits should be taken regularly for the initial stage of healing of burns. Blueberries, tomato and cherries are excellent sources of antioxidants. Vegetables such as squash and peppers are also rich in antioxidants.
- Apply honey over the second-degree burns, it control all types of infection if possible. Only few drops of honey are enough to avoid infection, as it is extremely concentrated.
- Take warm milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in it and drink it daily at night while sleeping. It is known to treat inflammation and pain and also a good antibiotic.
- Take some Papaya pulp and apply them on affected area as Papaya contains enzyme that have capability to eliminate all the dead cells. But the pulp should be applied only after 3-4 days, so that inner healing process has started
- Dip a tea bag in water and put it over the burnt area. This is very helpful in drawing heat and gives a relaxing effect due to existence of tannins. Or else, boil the tea in a cup of water and strained. Now apply this liquid on burn area by using clean cotton cloth.
- Rinsing mouth with water having some amount of salt can relieve mouth burn caused due to eating hot food. This should be followed in every 2 hours.
- Apply peel of boiled potato on the burnt area in the initial stage. This helps in early healing and also protects damage area from infectious agents
- Lavender oil is also excellent for burns. It must be applied with gentle hands after 3-4 days of Burn.
- Vinegar works as an astringent and antiseptic, and prevent infections. Vinegar should be diluted with water and applied on the burned area.
- Aloe vera gel is well- known for its healing properties, analgesic action and for cooling properties. Aloe vera gel should be applied over the burnt area in every 4-5 hours.
- Apply diluted Tea tree oil over the affected area. It gives relief in burn pain and help in recovery of burn.
- Soak the burned part of body in milk for 15 to 20 minutes or apply a milk-soaked clean cloth to the affected area. Whole milk soothes the burns and promotes healing.